Wednesday, March 30, 2011
“I don’t know what I want to do with my life, I just know I want to do it. I want to see my world. I want to meet every single person breathing on this earth. I want to give everyone a hug or a handshake and I want to make someone’s life a little easier. I want to be different than the people I know because that’s what makes us beautiful.” - unknown.
(Photo by Emma Lousie)
Monday, March 28, 2011
British electronic artist James Blake has really been rocking my world lately. So different, so experimental, I don't think I've ever heard anything like it. I especially love his cover of Feist's Limit To Your Love but The Wilhelm Scream is also one to check out.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
I've really been loving the Freelance Whales lately. I bought their song Starring a few months ago and have been hooked ever since. Their unique electronic sounds and fun lyrics really draw you in. And this song Hannah is no exception! What do you think?
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
Lately I've really been into a lot of '90s music. This lovely early song from The Innocence Mission I think is what started it all. These guys are really cool. And this video is visually stunning as well. Makes me want to buy a butterfly net and pretend it's already summer and try and catch fireflies.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
My birthday is in a few days and I thought it might be fun to make a wish list, just something with a few cool things I've been wanting lately. Thankfully though, I have some wonderful, amazing grandparents who knew exactly what I really wanted most of all. They donated $70 to the brilliant organization Samaritan's Purse for me. How cool is that!? (And because I know you guys are reading this, thanks.) Now if I can just get everybody to do this for me for Christmas.
1. Help! dvd 2. What Lies Beneath dvd 3. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix on vinyl. 4. Swingin' Chicks of the '60s book (it has Diana Rigg!) 5. Canon AE-1 35mm Camera
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
1. Angus and Julia Stone
2. The Lord of the Rings series. I'm reading them for the first time, so very much loving them.
3. Classic video games. I may be far from being an '80s kid but Pacman and Frogger can still remind me of when I was little (Pacman especially) and that there is already enough to make it awesome.
4. Amanda Pulley's photostream. (photos via and via)
5. J. Crew's spring 2011 line. Can you believe it's March!?
6. Cinnamon buns for breakfast.
7. Swans. They're so beautiful! (photo via)
8. This bedroom. Seriously, everything about it.