Thursday, March 4, 2010

An Apple a Day...



Why is it that apples only sound especially good when my mouth is hurting so much that I can't eat them? (It's these darn braces. Those of you out there who have never had to go through this torture consider yourself very lucky.) I don't even realize that my mouth hurts so much until I bite into the apple. And then man does it hurt. I guess I'll just have to start cutting them up.

While on the subject of apples though, I was just reading a list of the health benefits of apples and I was really very pleasantly surprised. Aparently apples can help protect and strengthen bones, help with asthma, help prevent Alzheimer's, lower cholesterol, help prevent all kinds of cancers (lung cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and liver cancer) help with diabetes management and even help with weight loss. Makes you want to eat more apples, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment