Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy First Day of Summer!



Wow, believe it or not but I just realized today is the first day of summer. I've just been so busy that I forgot all about it. So happy summer, guys! Sorry it's so late.

Funny, I'm usually not that excited about summer but for some reason this year I have been and real I'm happy that it's here. I don't even mind that it's taken my wonderful and beautiful spring away. Because for one thing I think this year I really got my share of that season. I was out constantly, I almost always had the windows open so I could hear the birds, I took a gazillion pictures to capture it all that way and the whole time I was really drinking it all in. I don't think I could have experienced it any more than I did this year.

And also, as I said, I'm looking forward to summer. The smell of fresh cut grass, the awesome sounds of crickets and cicadas, outstandingly gorgeous summer flowers (like one of my new favorites, Black-eyed Susans), trips to the beach, fully green trees, blue skies, puffy clouds, perfect picnics and that overwhelming and beautiful sense of summer. It sounds great.

(Photo by ShawnP)

No comments:

Post a Comment